A few of my saturday goodies






here are a few of the things I bought Saturday.

I found this stuck in the back of one of the greenhouses it's an Alternanthera that is chocolate & green it is really neat I have done the total purple and the pink one called partytime but have never seen this one before.

I'm thinking it's going to be my plant of the year .. if it holds up through our heat and roots easy then it will be a winner.. so we'll see...

Cape honeysuckle
( I know the picture isn't great )

My new favorite Proven Winners ~ Opal Innocence Nemesia
this smells fabulous, it is soft & old fashion looking .. really really like ...
( no picture ) sorry forgot to take one ..lol

____________________

PW Snowstorm Giant snowflake

Tricolor potato vine

Verbena in 5 different shades of purple.

Deep plum Angelonia

lots of Coleus ~ newbies to me Dark Star, Pineapple Splash, Glennis.

Then I had to have some of my older favorites Dapple Apple, Alabama Sunset , Rustic Orange & on & on & on .. lol

6 comments

  1. Hi Cherry,

    I stopped by and took a look at your gorgeous photos. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn/plantwhateverbringsyoujoy.comMay 9, 2008 at 9:42 AM

    I just bought a cape honeysuckle which I learned about when I lived in Arizona for two years. They are happy there. Let's see how it does here. I actually am remembering I brought my AZ c.h. up here and it froze, darnit. Maybe if I plant in a more sheltered place this time...One can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry ! How are you girl ? .. you have been busy !
    I can't believe we both have been wowed by alternanthera ! how weird is that ? .. the one I found is called Joseph's coat .. I have never seen it here before and grabbed two .. one alone in it's own pot the other planted with Aphrodite Alyssum (something else new here).
    Your other plants look gorgeous too .. I love coleus for the front step .. no constant deadheading of flowers is what I like !
    I love nemesia too and I will look for the one you described .. sounds like a winner to me !
    I'm just catching up on blog reading today .. had to finally take a day off from the garden mania .. but I want to get back to walking the garden centers tomorrow : ) Yipppeeee !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry ... tell me I didn't just lose that huge post I did here ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry .. I hope you don't mind but I linked to your post here .. about the Alternanthera ? .. I wrote a long comment about how i found Party Time and how amazing the colour was .. and how you found a variation of the same plant .. needless to say I think it got lost in cyber space .. or now you have 3 posts from me girl ? jeez !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds. I can't wait to see what they look like in your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email