Mid ~ July all is wet and well

This has been the summer of rain drops and hibiscus blooms 

We have had rain everyday.. from light sprinkles to non stop down pours

the bees and the bugs are loving it

the flowers are loving it...

My newest rose..France Meilland is loving it......
I am completely smitten with this rose.
I bought it for it's fragrance, the beautiful blooms
 just make it that much more special.
 I planted it at the edge of our back porch/ doorway.
It glows in the evening light
 and it's citrus fragrance will stop you in your tracks...
It has bloomed all spring and summer.
 If you come across this rose I highly suggest it...

Purple heart ~ Setcreasea 'Purple Variegated' 
is not loving it...
I'm loving everything about this tropical beauty but it is not loving all this rain.
I have broken off and planted pieces in several different area's hoping it will take off.

brief moments of sunshine makes all of us want to get out and soak it up.


Scrambling sky flower ~ Thunbergia battiscombei
this is what I see from my kitchen window.
It has been the bright spot on those cloudy, gloomy days..

Four O'clocks
A must in a bed close to where you spend your summer evenings
it will reward you with the most intoxicating fragrance.

split second morning glory this one reseeded it's self in a flower pot on the front porch.

rain drops on roses ~ white carpet rose.
I'm thinking I would like to have a row of these in the front yard they bloom like crazy.
I have had a few in the back for over 10 years and they have never needed anything.


Front flower bed

More rain drops
I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining because the truth is
I am enjoying the rain.. 
Well I'm enjoying the mild temperatures.. 
I have been able to work in the yard between rain drops.
The new plants that I put in, in the spring are doing wonderful
 and we have a real lawn.. 
Which is needing to be mowed in double time to keep up...

Elizabeth and Co.

and Mosaic Monday over at Little Red House 
ya'll come join us to see all the pretties everyone is sharing..
hugs everyone hope ya'll are enjoying your summer, Cherry

13 comments

  1. I am loving the rain too! I have done more work in the garden (between rain showers) than any other summer because it is cooler and pulling weeds is light work in wet clay! Your garden is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had four o'clocks before. Some blossoms were very unusual. I love your lilies, and I don't think I have ever seen the black eyed Susan type vine in that blue color with yellow eye. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your garden and all your blooming flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by..I've missed your beautiful flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blooms at your place, Cherry!

    If we weren't getting sunshine part of the day along with our rain, we would really be in a mess. Some of my Lantana that got flooded is really sulking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photo's! would be honored to have you share a post over at this weeks Cottage Garden Party (Thursdays) at Fishtail Cottage? xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherry I love that pink double lily. Gorgeous! Your hibiscus are so lovely. Sadly the Japanese Beetles are chewing on the leaves of mine and they look sad but the blooms will be pretty anyway.That Scrambling sky flower is gorgeous also. I need to remember that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No rain here. We get ours in the winter, so I'm loving the sunshine just now. Your garden flowers are beautiful in spite of, or maybe because of, the raindrops. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Send some rain our way..Everything is very dry and the heat isn't helping..I have a squirrel that looks just like that just hanging around :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a wet spring and early summer, but that all stopped two weeks ago. Now we're in soaring heat and I've resorted to watering everything early mornings. Your gardens are a feast for the eyes!! What gorgeous blooms on absolutely everything! I'm glad you've got the perfect temps for gardening in between your rain ... always a pleasure to be able to enjoy the gardening rather than rush through the necessities before the heat becomes too much. Enjoy the rest of your week Cherry! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flower photos are wonderful, Cherry. That rose sounds magnificent. As for rain, there had been plenty earlier, but a few good downpours and a break in the heat and humidity would be welcome here. I find myself fantasizing about being in one of the cottages on Tybee Island that you`ve featured on your blog!.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, your garden and photographs are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful array of blooms! You certainly have a green thumb! And aren't squirrels just the funniest creatures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email