The Honeybells are here... and honey they are yummy...


do you see my sweet little chickens salt and pepper shakers.. aren't they cute.. Thank you Miss April I love them..

The best part of January is when the Honeybell's hit town if you are in the Savannah area Polk's Plus in Pooler has some but you better hurry or they will be gone ... and make sure you have a towel handy to catch all that sweet juice that will be running down your chin..

From The Hale Groves web site ~
Experience the rare pleasure known to Florida fruit connoisseurs. For years the rumors flew: Somewhere in the remote backwaters, up the creeks that feed Florida's Indian River, there grew a fruit so rare- so sublimely sweet and delicious- that most growers and grove hands would deny its very existence. A fruit so scarce and wonderful to eat, the old timers would hoard the entire crop exclusively for their own families and friends.

I know this to be true I have been hoarding them for years. They are only available for a few weeks in January into the first of February so I buy, eat and hide all that I can.
and while I was putting my honeybells in a bowl I realized I never showed off my Christmas present from my hubby.. I have been wanting a cabinet for years in this corner of my kitchen but I could not decide if I wanted it to be a "Corner Cabinet" or not. So any who I see a cute kitchen on Pinterest set up like mine, decision made, hubby whips it up, I paint it up and in the house it goes.



and I love it... it doesn't look streaky in person. I did a white primer first to cover the wood then a coat of white opps paint I really thought I wanted it to be white but after I finished it I knew it had to be red.. I had ordered a sample pot of each Annie Sloan's Emperor's Silk and Primer red one seemed to dark the other to red so I mixed them together and got what I was looking for.
Oh pretty clock. This was my Christmas present to myself .. yes I'm one of those.... bought one for my mother in law and one for myself... and we both love it.. I need a little something between the clock and cabinet top ... sign, picture....

It's nice and big with lots of room to hold all the good stuff.. OK I'm through showing off think I will grab a honeybell and head over to LaurieAnna's Vintage Home even though I'm late for Farmhouse Friday.. if you haven't visited LaurieAnna's blog you must it is wonderful. If you have picked up the Spring addition of Romantic Country magazine then you have already been ohhh and ahhhhing over her.. so come on and join me
bws tips button
Happy Saturday ya'll hope it's a great one for everyone... Thank you for stopping by.
hugs, Cherry

8 comments

  1. What a great cabinet...how wonderful that your husband made it for you!I love the color and the hardware is divine!We are lucky enough here to have our own tangerine tree...they are so sweet and juicy this year...I think because of all the rain last year! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Linda I like the knob to it came from Hobby Lobby..A tangerine tree now that's what I need to plant. I love them.. hugs, Cherry

      Delete
  2. Cherry, how wonderful that sweet hubby is so talented. Between the two of you I believe you can do anything. The cabinet looks great and I love the clock and the rooster. If you miss the rooster don't call the police, I will give it back.
    Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Ginger. I have had that rooster for years maybe we could time share him..lol
      hugs, Cherry

      Delete
  3. Hi Cherry, now you've got my mouth all-a-waterin' for some of those honeybells! Wish I had some! Love your hubby's handywork, & that clock too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cherry. Girl I just love your new cabinet. Just wonderful! The vignette you created above it with the clock and rooster is so pretty. It all looks so lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Teresa girl thank ya.. The clock came from Home goods my other place too hangout.. hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email