Shopping for treasures with the pro's

This past Saturday I got to meet and spend the day with an awesome group of talented ladies hitting a gazillion thrift stores on Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC

Debbie of Refresh Restyle, Ann of Shabby French Country Cottage Basement, Kim of Today is my Someday, Debbie C of The Smart Set, Miss Sarah of Unto the Rainbow, me, the beautiful Miss Mary of Cotton* Wood Furnishing, and Karen of The Smart Set
We are rocking some cool Hometalk  T shirts.. 
Have you heard about Hometalk yet ?  Hometalk is a web community for sharing home and garden ideas with others. You can ask questions, share projects and get answers from a proYou can also find them on Facebook and Pinterest .

First stop and I knew it was going to be a fun day. With the exception of Ann and myself all of these ladies have booths in Two Women and a Warehouse now if you have been around a while then you have heard me talk about this fab shop before. Like all the way back in February of 2009. These ladies move quick. They found things that I never even saw and I'm talking awesome stuff ..

Miss Refresh Restyle stuffing her truck at stop number one .. remember we went to a gazillion..
She and Sarah rode together and they didn't have enough space left in that truck for a fly to catch a ride back to Savannah...

top picture ~ Miss Kim at stop number two realizing it's going to be great day .. Sorry Kim..lol
Kim and Mary had to take stuff out and rearrange after every stop..lol but they managed to bring it all back to Savannah.. and might I add they found some great stuff...

and when the day ended we had four SUV's crammed packed with treasures..

Now I have to say I only found a few treasures

This map being a true hidden treasure for me. I bought the map to use for a back porch project but this morning when I went to cut it up I started really looking at the map. Memories started flooding my mind and before I knew it I was reliving my childhood.. Not only is this map dated at the time that my family lived in this area but it is where we spent almost every weekend.

Buttermilk Sound near the mouth of the Altamaha River in Glynn County, Georgia. We fished and camped all around these parts. My dad, brother and my uncle would load down the boats with everything we would need and we would camp on sandbars all weekend long.
We did nothing but swim, fish, eat, and sleep.
This treasure will not be getting cut up it is going to be framed. I wish I could share it with daddy. He and my brother would have loved seeing it and telling those fish tales.. again.

Thank you so much to each of these beautiful ladies. I enjoyed watching ya'll go and go and go, but most of all ... I enjoyed meeting each of you and look forward to shopping for treasures with ya'll again.. But next time.... I will be wearing my running shoes and have my eyes wide open..lol
Thank you also for sharing pictures ..
We all got so busy shopping we didn't take a lot of pictures ..
Thank you to Miss Miriam and Hometalk  for the tee's 
hugs ya'll, Cherry

16 comments

  1. Cherry,
    It was touching to read about the map and the happy memories it brought back of two who were so special to you.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry, you only found a few treasures, but very meaningful! It was to my benefit that you didn't find very much, thanks for hauling some of the stuff that would not fit in my truck! One of the ladies suggested doing this every quarter! I'm game, hope you are too!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day out with the girls! I know ya'll had a blast. Would have loved to tag along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Rhoda we would love to have you join us .. but then again I don't know if we want to share all of our secret places..lol Kidding come on down..

      Delete
  4. You summed it up beautifully, Cherry. The day was so much fun. I never dreamed it would be that wonderful. That might be because I only slept 1/2 an hour the night before! You did get a true treasure in the map! Maybe you can find an un-meaningful map to use for your project. I am still awestruck by my fantastic finds. My favorite finds are the seven friends I made. Thank you for being our leader Saturday. You were great!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry,
    Thanks first of all for being our chief navigator! You did a great job! Secondly, I'd like to thank you for that beautiful photo that you included of my goofy face! :) Ha!
    I enjoyed our day so much! All of the girls were so sweet, and I'm so glad to have spent the day together.

    See ya next quarter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cherry

    Sounds like a wonderful day was had.

    I would love that.

    Going to have a look at Hometalk now.

    Happy Wednesday

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun day..Treasure hunting....I have Hometalk bookmarked..I must revisit it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all look so cute in your hometalk tee shirts. Looks like you had a blast. i loved your post. Thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, We did have a great day but how could we not with this many talented women together..

      Delete
  9. Looks like such a fun day! You found a real treasure that brought back all those wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could have tagged along - do you think you could have squeezed me into one of those SUV's - or at least strapped me to the top of the roof!

    Great gals - great day out - and some fab finds! That map is a treasure - glad you're not cutting it up!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Kelly we would have found a spot for you.. Maybe inside a dresser drawer or one of the cabinets that got brought back..lol

      Delete
  11. Cherry, Thanks for the great review of the marathon shopping trip. I KNOW you had an awesome time. I will eat my wheaties and join you next quarter. I will be a small shopper. Don't have room for the big stuff.
    Bob had his procedure today. He is sleeping right now. Those pain pills are great cuz there is nothing worse than a man who doesn't feel well and can't eat! LOL!
    Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to have you join us hope Mr. Bob is feeling better really quick..sending hugs, Cherry

      Delete
  12. Looks like so much fun!!
    We're having the longest yard sale goin on here in GA right now- but I can't go :-{{

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email