275th Isle of Hope Anniversary

Isle of Hope.. even the name is perfect. My parents bought their first home there. My sister and I were both born while living there and even though I was still very young when we moved from Isle of hope I can remember playing barbies under the massive live oaks and watching my big brother crab off the docks. I also remember a little store that we would walk to for ice cream my uncle would hold me by my heels lower me into the tub style cooler and let me pick whatever flavor I wanted. It was a very special place in the 60's and it still is today. On Saturday they are hosting a big Anniversary bash with lots of great stuff going on all over the island. If you are looking for something to do this Saturday this will be a wonderful family event, and Wormsloe plantation is right there.


There is going to be a parade, vintage cars, walking tours an art show with lots of local artist selling their beautiful works of art ~ caning, pottery, basket making, quilting, including the beautiful piece above by Bellamy Murphy of Isle of hope's bluff which I hope to get my hands on one. Here's some pictures of the bluff that Beth and I took in November of 2009
There is lots of great events happening this weekend... including the plant sale.

If you are near Statesboro the Georgia Southern Botanical Gardens are having their fall plant sale boo hoo I can't do both... and don't forget the great farmers market if you go to Statesboro.


There is also the pumpkin patch at the Bamboo Farm and Coastal Gardens in Savannah


and if you haven't been to Savannah Secret Gardens lately this weekend would be a great time to go. They are giving hayrides thru the nursery ending at their "Enchanted Graveyard". They have a great selection of mums, unusual Pumpkins and Gourds at great Prices. They will also be selling boiled peanuts, candy apples and cotton candy. Sounds like fall fun to me. You can get more info about all the fun on their blog Savannah Secret Gardens ...

Me and the Ohio girls at Fannie's on Tybee

I had a blast with my girlfriends this past long weekend and sure hated to put them on planes home.. Weekends go by way to fast even long ones... Miss ya'll already... It has been a rainy week here in Savannah which is good but it's time for it to go away. I'm so ready for some fall weather and another fun weekend.. Have a fun one everyone.

Oh and Happy 27th Anniversary to my hubby today.. love ya bunches
Hugs from Savannah ya'll, Cherry

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, Cherry, what a wonderful weekend you have to look forward to enjoying! Isle of Hope sounds like such a charming place, I wish I could be there too! Congratulations on your anniversary. I'm a new follower, happy I found your awesome blog.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email