Georgia Southern Botanical Garden plants sale ~ Outdoor Wednesday



Remember this Hydrangea " Fuji Waterfall " that I saw last year at our botanical gardens. I have been asking all over town for it since last summer. Well I went to the annual spring plant sale at the Georgia Southern Botanical Gardens a few weekends ago and lo and behold there it was.

There was only one pot left and two ladies were trying to decide if it was worthy of taking home. I was trying so hard to be patient while inside my mind I had scooped it up and was half way back to Savannah with it.

After what seemed like a lifetime one of the ladies walked off but the other one hung on to the pot, twirling it around checking it out and then she looked at me and asked ... do you know anything about this one ~ OH CRAP ! I'm not good at telling lies, just ask Miss Lois she says my eyes go to dancing just like my daddy's ... I was just before spilling my guts and telling her it is gorgeous and that she should buy it when her friend called for her, she plopped the pot in my hands and walked off .. woohoo it's mine !!!!

I do hope she found something equally as beautiful or at least a treasure that she had been longing for because she passed up a gem in my eyes ...



I also picked up an Oakleaf Hydrangea



and look at how much he has grown they get up to 15 ft quickly



and this little guy is already making himself at home on it.



a couple of sedum's and some native plants that I have never seen before and thought I would like to try.



this is the purple eyed grass today ~ The flowers are tiny but abundant they start out a dark purple and lighten as they get older.



I had never been to The Georgia Southern Gardens it was chilly the day I was there and not a lot had started to bloom so I plan to go back soon. It looked like an amazing place with lots to see.



There was craft vendors set up and local farmers selling eggs and veggies



the plant selection was wonderful if only I had lots of money, time and a big ole truck I could have done some damage ..lol






I will definitely be back in the fall when they have their next plant sale ..

I'm joining Miss Susan over at A Southern Daydreamers for Outdoor Wednesday so ya'll come on along and see what all the other wonderful bloggers have to share today.



Happy Wednesday ya'll
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

if this is your first time stopping by THANK YOU there is lots more goodies to see so checkout everything and stop in again real soon. See ya !

8 comments

  1. Looks like a super fun day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos, it looks a great place to visit. I just discovered we finally got a local farmers market so I can't wait to go this weekend, it's only 10 minutes away, as opposed to the nearest one that was an hour away (which I only went to once) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, Cherry you must have been at my blog while I was at yours, I just got your comment in my email box :-) thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were rewarded for doing the right thing with the hydrangea! I'm sure it will reward you in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how those hydrangeas turn out! You should enter your frog picture in the Gardening Gone Wild photo contest for this month... the theme is green! You have until midnight tonight... :)http://www.gardeninggonewild.com/?p=11614

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hydrangeas. Thanks for sharing your trip to the garden. I don't fib well either. :-)
    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you stay so cool. I would have been fretting about getting that hydrangea. Glad she plopped it into your hands. You will give it a good home and care about it. It is a beauty Cherry. Sounds like it was a great plant sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought other readers would enjoy an activity I got at the botanical gardens. Have you or your children "Ever Seen a Plant Move When You Tickle It?" If you wanted to share your love for nature with your children, here is an activity I have done with mine. This may change the way you and the kids react to plants for ever. Imagine giving your children some seeds. Having them watch them sprout and grow. Then shortly after the second leaves appear they tickle the plant and it moves its branches down and closes its leaves! Give them more than a gift; give them a learning experience they will never forget. I found information and a TickleMe Plant Greenhouse at http://www.ticklemeplant.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email