Today ~ A year ago today



Today a year ago everything as I knew it changed
Today a year ago my world went dim
Today a year ago I lost you my big brother, my friend
Today a year ago I could not have known that your being gone would still hurt so bad or that so much would change when for me, it's still today a year ago...

Today I'm still trying to figure out why
Today I'm still waiting on you to stop by
Today I still pick up the phone to give you a call,
Oh lord how I miss those never ending talks with Mr. Know it all ...

How can it be that today, I'm still missing someone as aggravating as you ..

Today I still long for your hugs and hearing you say..
I love you sis, be good.

Today with tears in my eyes and a hole in my heart the sun shines and the world has moved on but me, I'm still sitting still in today a year ago !

7 comments

  1. I was there with you one year ago and I still am. Prayers for your brother's soul and hugs for your empty soul. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing *hugs*, dear Cherry. I tearfully hear you. A huge part of our life, my brother died over 10 years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him. My sister, who my husband and I cared for throughout her horrific illnesses (meningitis and 2 bouts of endocarditis) where she lost her vision, died unexpectedly this past summer. I'm still in denial. Please know you are in my heartfelt prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad for you, Cherry, and for your parents. They need special hugs today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's hard girl, chin up and chest out! Peace within your heart..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much to each of you for the kind words. They help more than you can imagine.
    hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherry, I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing such a personal loss. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU!! LOVE Cristle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email