Shopping in Old Town Bluffton


Wow where did this week go !


Summer has arrived in Savannah the humidity is awful, makes a girl want to get in the pool and just stay there... but if I did that then I would not have found this wonderful new garden shop..

Miss Beth and I took off for Bluffton South Carolina Tuesday morning to celebrate her birthday. We were in awe time we got out of the car. Bluffton is sitting along the May River between Daufuski and Hilton Head islands. We have both been here before as it's only 20 miles from Savannah but we have never taken the time to just park the car and walk the oak lined streets. We found so many treasures along the way from wild flowers to fabulous little shops and the best Chimi Del Mar in the world .. ok I don't really know if it's the best in the world but it was pretty damn awesome .. after lunch we were walking back towards our car and saw this fabulous garden shop


The Garden Gate


and met the wonderful Miss Margie Fox who has created this beautiful piece of heaven. The shop opened in March and I am sure it will be around forever because it has everything a gardener is looking for not only is it really pretty to look at but the staff was super warm and friendly. They have the most beautiful pots I think I have ever seen rich blues, turquoises, reds, greens, creams, etc ..etc ...etc ... I only wanted maybe one of everything ..lol


Rock salt on the sidewalk to pit it. The salt melts away and you are left with a really cool looking sidewalk. I love the way it is turning out and Miss Margie was very excited to get her sidewalk poured.

The Garden Gate is located at 2 State of Mind street Bluffton, SC you can reach Miss Margie Fox and gang at ( 843 ) 757-4040 don't you just love her address .. lol
if you are near Bluffton you have to stop in . Thanks Miss Margie and gang we sure did enjoy ourselves and if you have a website please leave it in the comments section for us.


We had a wonderful day and there is so many more pictures to share.
Bluffton is a beautiful old town rich in history. I'll share more later right now I off to Benjamin Moore ..lol Miss Beth love ya and can't wait till our next road trip maybe you could have more than one birthday a year ??

Happy friday ya'll
hugs, Cherry



7 comments

  1. Sounds so wonderful! Garden shopping, quaint shops, delicious lunch, and thrift stores too - definitely my kind of trip. And, I love the tub filled with flowers! -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a fun place to go through with a little this and that. Wouldn't ya love to own it? But I wonder if any profit would be made - I'd be buying all my stuff! LOL
    Wish Old Town Bluffton was closer as I'm kidnapping my girlfriend at the end of the month to do something for her birthday and just can't decide where to take her - out of town of course for a daytrip.
    Great post Cherry I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW YOU'D DO IT UP JUST RIGHT!!
    CHERRY GIRL YOU MADE IT TUESDAY
    ALL OVER AGAIN FOR ME.
    BUT,,, ONE B'DAY A YEAR IS ENOUGH FOR ME GIRL-FRIEND.
    NEXT ONE IS YOUR'S.
    I'VE ALREADY GOT AN IDEA,,,
    BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
    BIG HUGS,
    LOVE YA, BETH

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's how to celebrate a Birthday for sure. Just fantastic stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word Cherry, what an outing! Love the Cobalt Blue pots. That tub full of plants was fun.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking place to rumage around in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure know how to celebrate a birthday, that's my kind of trip too!
    That shop is so charming, and your lunch sure looked mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email