The rest of the beautiful Isle of Hope Christmas and the home of Noel and Ruthie Wright



The Wright home ~ Thought to be the second home built on the Isle of Hope. The Wright family have lived in the home for 67 years which was built in 1848. Beth and I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Wright one Sunday morning. She was full of wonderful information about the history of Isle of hope, so when we saw that her home was on the tour we got very excited.. Mrs. Wright grew up in the home next door. She and Mr. Wright have been sweethearts all of their lives.



while we were standing in the kitchen 5 deer where in the back yard waiting on supper..lol





beautiful antiques that have been passed down from both of their families



the fireplace screen was painted by a local artist of the Wright home in the spring when all of the azalea's are in bloom









this hallway was filled with wonderful pictures .... One wall was Mr. Wright's family, one was Mrs. Wright's family and then one of their family including their beautiful wedding pictures.. This was my favorite part of the house I love looking at old photo's.



and how about the red tub! Awesome right ..... loved the walls and all the space



The beautiful and lovely Mrs. Ruthie Wright, Me ( damn I have got to get back to exercising ) and my beautiful partner in crime Beth.. If you would like to see more of the Wright home checkout the Burt Reynolds movie Gator it was filmed at the Wright home.. also a PBS film "Bernice bobs her hair" Thank you so much for stopping by.. I hope you have enjoyed the tour and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas that is filled with love, joy, peace, lots of family, friends and goodies..

hugs from Savannah, Cherry

2 comments

  1. How lovely. I have enjoyed this tour immensely. What beautiful homes and antiques all done up for the season.
    Merry Christmas Cherry to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Christmas is behind us and so is Hanukkah but now we’ve got to prepare for the upcoming New Year 2012. I hope that only peace, joy and good health will come into everybody’s family, home and garden.

    I’ve been enjoying reading through your latest posts. The Isle of Hope looks amazing with its fabulous houses, terrific landscaping and old country décor. Thank you for sharing it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email