Summertime, Summertime sweet, sweet Summertime...

it's here, it's here, sweet, sweet summertime...
What's not to love about summertime ~ Well maybe the bugs, humidity and lightning

Our yard has been filled with color for weeks now.
Duranta erecta 'Sapphire Showers'
This guy died and came back to life 2 feet from where he was planted
it is growing between 2 cross ties and is right in the way of closing the driveway gate
I guess I have got to try to move it but for now I'm just going to enjoy.
Althaea's, Gardenia's, Petunia's, Parrot Lilies, 

I'm in a yellow kinda mood this year. I have painted the bench, swing, planters,
some iron work and even my living room end tables this beautiful
 soft yellow called Wickerware by Behr
Love, love Chaste Trees I have rooted several
 and this year they are all blooming like crazy.

one of my new favorites Echinacea Sombrero Salsa Red
I love the white underside showing before the petals turn
The lemon balm in the pot on the table has been sheered back often for weeks now.
I have been steeping it in boiling water then letting it cool, straining and putting in a mister bottle.
I use it to freshen inside even spray a little on my kitchen rags
 as I'm throwing them in the dryer and the inside of the fridge..
Oh and look I painted the chairs yes yellow..lol


Ta Da my absolutely new favorite plant for summer 2013
is Gomphrena, Fireworks it is the best filler plant ever.
 It's nice and tall, light and airy and everyone will ask you about it. 
Even my local garden shop buddy stopped to see it and added them to her inventory
 so if you are local run on over to Savannah Secret Gardens  and get ya some.
Herbs are doing great we have basil and mints everywhere. The tomatoes are just starting to turn.
Picked my first 2 Cherokee purples this week and of course we had mator sandwiches with them.

another newbie for me this summer is
Verbena Lollipop it doesn't get as tall as other bonariensis 
thinking it is going to be a keeper.

My Fiji Waterfall double  lacecap hydrangea
 has grown so much and is full of blooms this year as is all of the lacecaps.
There's lots more to share but I will save them for another day..
I'm joining two great parties today so come on let's go see what everyone

 is sharing over at 

Fishtail Cottage  
   
and

Happy first day of summer I hope each of you have nothing but fun all summer long doing whatever you like.
I have set 2 goals for myself this summer one is to learn every button and gadget on my camera and how to take great shots using the manual  mode and to figure out Windows 8 
Wish me luck !
hugs ya'll, Cherry

11 comments

  1. Every thing is looking pretty at your place, Cherry. Hope you have a great weekend too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Cherry, You have a stunning garden, with so many beautiful flowers to enjoy. I am going to see if Gomphrena Fireworks is available here in England, because I like the airy look of it, and the fact that it is a good filler is an added bonus.
    I love Hydrangeas and I have just bought a Lace Cap Hydrangea, so I hope it grows as beautiful as yours. I love the variegated leaves on your Lace Cap and the colour is beautiful.
    Thank you so much, I have really enjoyed my lovely tour of your garden.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaste Tree and Duranta just look so airy and cool, don't they?

    Your mosaics just look marvelous and cram so many pics into small spaces. I forget to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beautiful blooms (and tomatoes) in your garden. I like the lacecap hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so pretty! Love your summer garden! Yellow...It is a color that complements so many others well it is hard not to like it. I love that color in the garden too! All the rain this year has resulted in some pretty spectacular blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summertime flowers are just gorgeous. You've got so much blooming right now. It must be heavenly just strolling around.

    I particularly love that Echinacea. It's brilliant! The Chaste Trees are just spectacular too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gardens are exceptional and I truly enjoyed seeing them!! L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cherry, You garden is magnificent, it is hard to find the words to compliment the beauty. Everything is so lush and you have so much variety. Will the deer eat the Chaste Tree? I would love to have that but I notice a fence behind it. Is your garden enclosed in a fence? My garden is still young, I only hope it one day be half as lovely as yours,
    Happy Summer, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck with your camera..I should do that as well..It would probably have helped last night when I was trying to shoot the moon..Your flowers are gorgeous..I don't think your pictures can get any better..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful garden ... so much colour and variety! I'm going to have a look back again and write down a few names (thank you for adding names to your photos!!) to look up at my nursery :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...what a great garden tour! Love all your bloomers! Aren't Chaste trees the best!? Your is gorgeous. I saw several plants that I'm going to have to add to my borders. That red echinacea caught my eye! Your blog is delightful ...I'll be adding yours to my blog list! Thanks for your sweet visit!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. It is so much fun to read everyone's thoughts on my ramblings .. I love to go blog hopping so look for me to be visiting you soon.
hugs, Cherry

Sorry Anonymous comments are not allowed

If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox.. You can Subscribe to Cherry's in the Garden and More by Email